San Marcos Short Sale
San Marcos Short Sales – Know Your options to Avoid Foreclosure
A short sale is an excellent solution for homeowners who need to sell, and who owe more on their homes than they are worth. In the past, it was rare for a bank or lender to accept a short sale. Today, however, due to overwhelming market changes, banks and lenders have become much more negotiable when it comes to these transactions. Recent changes in corporate policy and the Obama administration have also improved.
However here’s a more official definition:
- A homeowner is ‘short’ when the amount owed on his/her property is higher than current market value.
- A short sale occurs when a negotiation is entered into with the homeowner’s mortgage company (or companies) to accept less than the full balance of the loan at closing. A buyer closes on the property, and the property is then ‘sold short’ of the total value of the mortgage.
To learn more about your Homeowner options go to:
For San Marcos homeowners to qualify for a short sale, they must fall into any or all of the following circumstances:
- Financial Hardship – There is a situation causing you to have trouble affording your mortgage.
- Monthly Income Shortfall – In other words: “You have more month than money.” A lender will want to see that you cannot afford, or soon will not be able to afford your mortgage.
- Insolvency – The lender will want to see that you do not have significant liquid assets that would allow you to pay down your mortgage.
This seems simple enough, but it is a complicated process that takes the expertise of experienced professionals. We hold the CDPE® Designation and we are ready to identify all possible options and, when possible, assist in the quick execution of a short sale transaction.
At San Marcos Real Estate Company, your short sale is risk-free and cost-free. You can walk away should a short sale cease to be in your best interest.
When you have questions or feel you may qualify for a short sale, please contact a San Marcos Certified Distress Property Expert “CDPE” for a free consultation.
Understanding your options now could mean all the difference in the world.
CALL! San Marcos Real Estate Company TODAY to LEARN HOW WE MANAGE Your San Marcos Short Sale
We're sorry, but there’s nothing to display here; MLS data service is not activated for this account.
San Marcos Real Estate Company | 100 E San Marcos Blvd 400, San Marcos CA | 760-798-0331